Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Why do you ask for a friend when you have me right here?"

"Forgiven," by Greg Olsen

I knelt on my bed weeping. It had been "one of those days," the kind when nothing seems to go right, everyone seems to be hating on you and you feel utterly alone in the world.

"Heavenly Father," I pleaded, "please bring me a friend. I could really use someone to understand and just love me."

The answer I received stopped me in my tracks. "Why do you ask for a friend when you have me right here?"

Why would I need anyone else when I had the love and support of Jesus Christ? He had reminded me of the constant love of my family and my Heavenly Father. He reminded me that those most important people are pleased with who I am and what I am doing, even if the rest of the world is not. He did not leave me comfortless: He came to me, just as He had promised (see John 14:18). His love came to me in my darkest hour when no one else could reach me.Yes, why would I need to ask for anyone else to come to my aid when Jesus Christ had offered me all the comfort and strength that I needed?

I'm pretty sure that my challenges are still going to be there when I wake up tomorrow morning. But this time I will have my Best Friend to help me face them.

"Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and I am with you even unto the end." -D&C 100:12

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this..I was having a day like this myself :)

    ReplyDelete