Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Healing.


Today was a cranky day. It was gray and cold. I was at school extra long because of my evening class. I heard some guys on campus using bad words and talking about girls like they were objects. By the time I got home, I was not feeling very cheery.


And that's where the gospel came in.


I got to talk to my mommy for an hour. We discussed the beauties of the gospel - the reassuring truths that not only anchor us in these trying times but refine us and make our daily interactions beautiful. We talked about the blessings the Lord has poured out in our lives and the blessings that will further come as we do our best to serve Him.


And after an hour of such uplifting conversation and unconditional love, my heart was softened and healed.


After all, my mom likes to say, "There are some people that like to throw cupcakes around, and some people who like to throw dog poo. If you keep throwing cupcakes at the people who are throwing dog poo, eventually they are going to want to eat a cupcake and will have to wash their hands off to do so."

(Don't you just love my mother? I know I do.)


And now, with soft guitar music playing and the message of the gospel running through my mind, the world looks a lot brighter. Thanks again, Heavenly Father.




(Oh, and this video doesn't hurt either.)

3 comments:

  1. Love the post, love your mom, love how you write, love the video you shared (both here and on my blog). You are incredible Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great analogy. Your mom always seems to have the best advice :) I'm glad your day turned out better than it started!

    ReplyDelete