Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just me.



"To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." - e. e. cummings

I've realized lately that, as wonderful as BYU is, it makes me feel pressured to try to be someone that I may not be. Going to a school with 30,000 other ridiculously talented and beautiful people is very intimidating! Someone once told my mom that the only way to deal with the pressure of BYU is to graduate. I'm not quite there yet, but going home for Christmas was a good detox. Being away from it all helped me to get back to my truer, simpler self and to realize that it is ok for me to be that person!


It is ok for me not to have expensive clothes and look perfect every time I walk out the door. It is ok for me to be in the liberal arts, even though there isn't much job security. It is ok for me to want to be a wife and a mom rather than go to grad school. It is ok for me to like High School Musical, Miley Cyrus and Betsy Tacy. It is ok for me to stay home and watch a Disney movie on a Friday night. It is ok for my closest friends to be small children and middle aged adults. It is ok me to be silly and laugh. It is ok for me to be myself, no matter what others may think. And you know what? It's ok for you to truly be yourself as well. I don't think God wants us to spend our lives wishing and trying to be someone rather than who He created us to be.



2 comments:

  1. This could well be one of my favorite posts ever. I mean absolutely ever. You are incredible Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an awesome post Tasha. You're such a good example :) Be yourself, it's what you're best at!

    ReplyDelete