Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tender Mercy of the Day


Photo found here

Today has not been my best day.

I'm tired and cranky. I've snapped at my family and just want to go back to bed - but I have copies to make and a talk to write for church tomorrow. (Ahhh!) It's just not going to be the happiest of days.

I decided to put on some Mormon Tabernacle Choir music to bring my closer to God again. I turned on my computer and put on the sweet sounds of MoTab and went to check my facebook. This morning - before the crankiness set in - I posted this quote:

It is not easy to go without - without physical gratifications or spiritual assurances or material possessions - but sometimes we must since there is no guarantee of convenience written into our Christian covenant. We must work hard and do right, as Abraham Lincoln said, and sometimes our chance will come. And when we've tried, really tried, and waited for what seemed never to be ours, then "the angels came and ministered unto him." -Jeffrey R. Holland

It seems that it was just what some of my friends needed to hear today, because I had quite a few comments thanking me for posting it.

Yes, even when I am a brat, God is able to use me to do some good in the world. And that amazes me.

1 comment: