Monday, May 24, 2010

Liken the Scriptures Week 4

So this week I start major work setting up the fair, and I'm going to need lots of divine help. Today I worked for 11 hours, and I have the same hours tomorrow. So my scripture for this week is D&C 4:3 & 5.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;
And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

In this stressful situation, I want to make sure that I use this as an opportunity to serve those around me. I want to treat my patrons, coworkers and family members like the Children of God that they are, no matter how tired or stressed I may be.

I can't do it alone. Love and charity come straight from the Lord. If I want to possess those qualities, I need His help.

I know that God keeps His promises and answers our prayers. So when D&C 4 verse 7 says,

Ask and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you,

I know that is the Lord's way of telling me that He will give me the patience, love and peace I need at this time.

Heavenly Father is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment