Monday, May 3, 2010

Liken the Scriptures Challenge

Image found here.

And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning. -1 Nephi 19:23

In my Book of Mormon class freshman year, one of our assignments was to choose a verse to apply to our lives for a week and write about the experience. I really loved it and became a better person from the experience. So...I've decided to do it again, and I invite you to join me!

I am starting my challenge today and extending it for 4 weeks. Each Monday I will pick a new scripture to apply for the week. At the end of the week, I will share my experiences with you and pick another scripture for the next week. I would love for you to share your scriptures and experiences as well. It was a fabulous experience for my class and I know it will be for you too!

The scripture I've picked for this week is Alma 4:15.

And now it came to pass that Alma, having seen the afflictions of the humble followers God, and the persecutions which were heaped upon them by the remainder of his people, and seeing all their inequality, began to be very sorrowful; nevertheless the Spirit of the Lord did not fail him.

It sounds a little funky, but that last line jumped off the page at me and I knew I had to pick this one. So how will I apply this scripture to my life? I will seek the Spirit each day. I will have more faith that God will direct me to do good. I will act on whatever promptings I receive. And I think it will be fabulous.

Please join me! It's free. It's easy. It will bless your life. What do you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment