Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Assurance of Things Hoped For

It was so hard to come back to Utah for the summer term. So, so hard.

I feel closer to my family than ever before. We have had amazing adventures together, and summer will bring the start of many more.

I am jumping into a new ward with new roommates that I've never met - and I have been terrified.

I can't help but wonder - why does the Lord want me to go back to school right now?

And honestly, I don't know.

But I do know that that is what He wants me to do.

The doubts do come and my heart does feel troubled, but the Lord continues to pour sweet, Holy peace into this heart that is empty with longing for my four best friends in the world.

I may be missing them, but God's peace always returns.

We have so little faith in the ebb and flow of life, of love, of relationships. We leap at the flow of the tide and resist in terror its ebb. We are afraid it will never return. We insist on permanency, on duration, on continuity; when the only continuity possible, in life as in love, is in growth, in fluidity - in freedom, in the sense that the dancers are free, barely touching as they pass, but partners in the same pattern. -Anne Morrow Lindbergh



We five are partners in the same dance, a dance that will continue for all eternity.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. -JST Hebrews 11:11

1 comment:

  1. Hey babe this is great and I love you and all but, you cut me out of the family picture. Does this mean something?

    ReplyDelete