Sunday, April 18, 2010

Whenever I Need a Lift


...I read Segullah.

Segullah is an LDS Women's Literary Journal that focuses on "the peculiar and treasured." The women who write here courageously share their faults and shortcomings, their hopes and disappointments, their pains and sorrows - and how all those things bring them closer to Christ.

I have learned so much from them.

By reading the posts at Segullah, I have learned to recognize and cherish the little wonders God puts in my life each day. I have learned to rejoice in my trials and the growth they bring. I have learned not to be so hard on myself. I have learned to put more trust in God because He will NEVER let me down. I have learned to be a little kinder, a little more patient, a little more forgiving because life is so incredibly short. In short, Segullah has brought out the best in me.

There are so many gems there. I love this post about the true nature of success, this one about letting the Atonement into our lives, this one describing how the consequence of sin can remind us of God's love, this one about talents, this one about how trials can bring out the best parts of us.

And I could go on.

But I'll let you find your own treasures.


1 comment: