Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Little Wonders.


Photo found here.

Spring is here. The transformation is beautiful. Snow has melted, new plant life bursts through the soil that has been hidden all winter, people shed their coats and lay on the grass. But even more amazing is seeing how God opens and thaws people's hearts.

I was so touched by all of your comments on my recent post, "Who I was born to be." I was a little hesitant to write all of that because some of it was personal. But also because it was long and it was about me and I was afraid that it would be boring. But I felt a drive to write all of those feelings. I had to do it, mostly for my sake. But I hoped that reading of my experience might be able to help someone out there who was going through the same thing.

I had no idea.

I got a father's blessing before I left for school in August, and in it I was promised that I would be able to use my disappointments to bless others. When I heard those words I was worried. I had dreams of women's chorus and folk dance, and I wanted those dreams to be realized. The road of disappointment did not sound fun to me.

But now as I am seeing that promised blessing being fulfilled, I realize that this path is so much better, so much more fulfilling, so much more joyful, so much more eternal! And for the thousandth time, I thank the Lord that His plan played out instead of my own.

Thank you for reading, thank you for commenting, thank you for sharing your experiences with me, thank you for being a part of this little wonder that is my blog.

As John Greenleaf Whittier wrote, "Thee lift me, and I'll lift thee, and we'll both ascend together."

Thank you for ascending with me. I look forward to going even higher.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again. Your decision to see the good in things and to see your difficulties as blessings is truly a great help to me.

    What a great blog!

    ReplyDelete