Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A manger and a chicken.

We had an art history association brunch Tuesday morning. I'd forgotten how much fun it is to be around fellow art-lovers. 


We played art history Pictionary/charades and had a blast. Some of the works selected were the Merode Altarpiece, Michelangelo's David, the Arnolofini Portrait, the Jolly Toper, Duchamp's "Fountain", and the Coronation of Napoleon. Boy, did we have some fun with those!  


This dialog was one of my favorites:
"It looks like a manger."
"Is it a chicken?"
"I like that this same drawing can be mistaken for both a manger and a chicken..."
Turns out, it was this:
The Seated Scribe, 2620-2500 BCE

Not a manger OR a chicken. A person. With crossed legs.

Oh, how I love my life and everything in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment