Saturday, January 24, 2009

One Year Ago

One year ago today, the Lord gave me an incredible blessing.


On January 24, 2008 I found out that I was accepted to BYU.


I had been waiting for about 6 weeks to hear back from BYU. I was really really nervous that I wouldn't get in. Finally on the 24th, the admissions office called asking what my Fall 2007 GPA was. I didn't know. They told me that if it was a 3.5 or higher I was in, but if my GPA was any lower, I would not be accepted. Needless to say, I was terrified. They told me that my acceptance status would be posted online the next day.


I was in the other room with my mom, doing homework, when she told me I should check online to see if anything had changed. I didn't think it had, but I checked anyway. And then I saw this:



I screamed and laughed and cried all at once! It was one of the happiest moments of my life. The Lord allowed one of my dearest dreams to come true. Throughout the hard times in high school, I held onto the hope that someday I would be able to go to BYU and be around more people who shared my values. What a blessing that has been for me! I am able to study and grow with others who share my faith. Their faith and examples inspire me. I am able to live near some of my closest friends instead of having to keep in touch with them over the phone and internet. I am able to go to a school where learning by the Spirit is the priority. I am able to become closer to Him through each of my classes - whether it be Doctrine and Covenants, Art History, German, or Choir. I am so blessed to be here at BYU, and I know that it is where the Lord wants me to be because without His perfect planning, I would not be here.


Thank you, Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment