Sunday, February 15, 2009

Family History, I am doing it!



I had the best Valentine's day ever. I felt went to the temple with Brian, and it was so wonderful! When we were walking there it was snowing harder than I've ever seen before, but it worked out well because it took us only 1 1/2 hours instead of the usual 3 hours it is on Saturdays. And when we were done, the sun was out! Brian said that Satan must have been trying to stop us from getting to the temple, but once we got inside he just gave up. hah :]

But the really awesome part was that Brian was baptized and confirmed for his great-grandfather. I'm not related to John Adolf Anderson, but I felt the Spirit so powerfully and peacefully as Brian did his work. There was also a sweet, humble Mexican couple ahead of us doing baptisms for his grandparents. There was just so much love in there - perfect for Valentine's day! What better way to show love for our ancestors and our Heavenly Father than to serve in the Holy Temple?

Brian is such an example to me. He decided this week that he was wasting too much time on things that don't matter, and that now he's going to give those things up for things that are productive. So Friday afternoon I was hanging out in their apartment, and while Brian's roommates were playing games on facebook, Brian found 4 generations of his ancestors online! And let me tell you, Brian had a lot more joy than his roommates did! I'm going to try to do the same thing. As a ward family history consultant, I am developing a deep love for genealogy and hope to be able to do much good. I'm still learning the ropes, but that's what eternity is for, right? I've found 7 names on my dad's side and hope to do the baptisms for them this week. Next, I want to work on my mom's side, especially the ancestors from Lithuania. There is a lot of work to be done with them. Oh, how the Spirit of Elijah is burning inside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment