Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmastime is here! Happiness and Cheer!

Image found here.


Well, in case you didn't know, being engaged is CRAZY! Especially in the midst of finals and the death of another semester. It's been just a little difficult to focus. I'm just glad I'm getting married in February so I won't have to be this distracted during next semester's finals as well!


I've been a little anxious about getting everything figured out in such a short amount of time, but God has been so merciful and helped so much fall into place. Last Tuesday we found a place to live in a great ward that one of my good friends happens to live in. Thursday we found out that Brandon's contract was sold by the housing office, so he won't have to pay rent for an apartment he's not living in. Saturday we were able to get a nice mattress and bed frame for under $600, and Brandon's mom informed us that she has connections with florists, decorators, caterers, and wedding cake makers, so basically she will take care of a lot of those reception details that have been driving me batty. How very blessed we are! This past week I have truly learned that things will work out however God wants them to. 


And now some links:
*This is the cake we are ordering. With funfetti inside. Ohhh yeah :)
*Just discovered this website today and am loving it!
*My hubby-to-be has me on a Jack Johnson kick, and I'm really loving these three songs. 
*I just love this post. And pretty much every post on their website.
*This describes how I feel about Brandon. And the acoustic version of the song is just lovely!


And now the countdowns:
*1 1/2 days until I am done with the semester and get to see David Archuleta at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert!
*4 days until we get to take the bed out of Brandon's van and move it into our little apartment!
*5 days until the fabulous Moon family Christmas party, complete with small costumed children acting out the nativity!
*6 days until I'll be home with my fam-bam for Christmas!
*11 days until Christmas!
*65 days until I become a wife! 


And...
Image found here.


Merry Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. and you do know that you have multiple sisters-in-law willing to help with things? sadly, my only skill is organization. but i can help stuff and label wedding invitations! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I'm always so so excited and happy when I see you've posted a blog. Good luck with all the wedding planning. Your cake is beautimous! I loved figuring out what type of cake I wanted (I'm so nitpicky about details). Congrats on finding an apartment and him selling his contract! The Lord definitely makes things happen! Check out KSL.com for great deals (and a lot of free stuff as well!) while furnishing your new apartment. And seriously, if you need any help, let me know. I love weddings :-) you're beautiful, and I totally love stalking your life...haha :) 65 days will come so fast!

    ReplyDelete