Sunday, March 8, 2009

Draper Temple Open House



Yesterday morning I had the opportunity to attend the Draper temple open house. It was absolutely amazing! I think the last time I went to a temple open house was when I was 14 or 15, and I didn’t appreciate it as much as I should have. The temple was absolutely gorgeous, but the best part was the Spirit I felt in there. Even though it hasn’t been dedicated yet, the Spirit is so strong, and you just know that it is a Holy place. I loved the Bride's room and the muraled instruction rooms. The Spirit was so powerful, and it strengthened my desire to one day go to a House of the Lord and receive the fullness of the Priesthood ordinances. It made me yearn to learn as much about my Heavenly Father and His gospel as I possibly can.

But my favorite part was the sealing rooms. The spirit was so beautiful and so strong that I couldn’t stop crying! I can't wait to go with a righteous young man into a sealing room just like that and make covenants with the Lord that will enable us to reach the Celestial Kingdom. I can't wait to start my own family who will be sealed to me for time and all eternity. I can't wait to learn and grow on the path to Godhood. These are the things that I long for the most, and I will work every day on following the Lord so I can receive them.

I am so grateful for the gospel and righteous parents who have led me towards the Holy Temple. I'm so grateful that I get to be with them for all eternity! The gospel is amazing :]

No comments:

Post a Comment