Thursday, May 29, 2008

Peter Pan is missing out

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reading my first post! I hope this blog will help me keep in touch with people as I begin my journey into the "real" world. :]

Last weekend I saw NCI CYT's Peter Pan, which I have seen before but this time I had a new perspective. In the last scene Peter mourns because Wendy has grown up, and I used to agree with him. But now I realize that growing up is actually a very good thing. The whole purpose of life is to progress and grow. What good is a seed if it never sprouts into a tree? What good is a life if it is never lived to its full potential?

I think that I am not afraid of growing up because I have already done a lot of it. I am about to start my second year of college and already have all my classes and my career planned out. I have a job and manage my own finances. I know who I am and what is most important in life. It's humbling to see what I've come through and how Heavenly Father has shaped my life to make me who I am.

So yes, growing up can be sad and scary at times. but mostly it's a beautiful journey and an opportunity to be grateful for the masterpiece God is creating.

And I can't wait to experience more of it. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment